Saturday, November 17, 2012

Description of my Poodle Mix


I have a schnoodle named Violet.

Physically, she weighs about 16 pounds, and is a small dog.  Her hair is curly and white.  She needs a haricut every 4 to 6 months to prevent knots and matting.  When I do have her cut, it usually a short cut.  She does shed to some degree, which is demonstrated by the white hairs on everything she touches.

She requires exercise every day.  She sometimes does crazy running in circles, which is commonplace among terriers

I'm now using trifexis for flea control.  Previously I had used frontline.  However, sh still contracted fleas while on frontline.  Trifexis is a monthly pill.  It contains the same active ingredient as capstar.  Trifexis and Capstar begin killing fleas in 1/2 an hour.  Plus the pill is easier to administer than the liquid on the neck.

Violet is extremely bright.  She learns very quickly, and responds well to both positive and negative reinforcment.  One of her favorite things to do is untie or take things apart.  I often roll up socks, or knot them and give them to her.  She will lay down and begin untying the socks.

She is very needy, and prefers to be with either my wife or I than left alone.  We only boarded her one time, and it was disaster.  Her high intelligence often leads to mischief if she is not given enough attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment